Friday, December 17, 2010

Bald Eagle Sighting ...

I had to drive to Reno today. I had to leave
at 8:20 AM for a dentist appointment at
10:00 AM. During a blinding snow storm
it can take an hour and a half to cover that
35 miles. About 2 miles from home, while
traveling on Interstate 80, I came upon a
lone pine tree. As I approached that tree
I saw the most beautiful Bald Eagle flying
to the tree and landing on its top. As I passed
the tree, I was only about 100 feet from it,
and I could almost count the feathers on
that most magnificent bird.

If you have ever seen one, you would
understand why I am so excited to share
this moment with you. I don't think he
would have landed in that tree if it weren't
for that blinding snow storm.

The photos below are close to what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment